How Does the CRS Designation Work?
The Certified Recruiting Specialist (CRS) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on recruiting fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The CRS program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
Learn to write compelling job descriptions, attract the most qualified candidates, and utilize multiple business channels to maintain a strong pipeline of candidates. Participants also learn how to identify and effectively use metrics to monitor, measure, and improve the effectiveness of their recruiting practice.
To earn the CRS designation:
- Register for the CRS program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide and syllabus (below), and on the required reading page.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study guide and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Complete the project, as laid out in the study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 80% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn the CBCS designation and certification.
Most people can complete the program in 3-6 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the CRS can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the CRS certificate.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: Brian Kelly is a Senior Recruiter for Forester Research. (Download this Audio Interview in MP3 Format)
Sample Video Module: When you join the CRS program, you gain access to 15 instructional videos on recruiting. Here is an example video below:
Social Media in Recruiting (Download this Video in MP4 Format)
To learn more about the CRS program, here are some helpful downloads: